Your Auto Accident Attorneys
If you've been injured in an auto accident, you have enough to worry about. Leave your legal care in the hands of diligent, experienced and professional attorneys.
The lawyers at Godwin, Morris, Laurenzi & Bloomfield, P.C., located in Memphis, prepare every case as if it is going to trial. Opposing parties are a lot more willing to settle — and offer larger settlements — when they see that we are prepared to fight to the end. From our Shelby County office, overlooking the Mississippi, our law firm can help you get the compensation you need from your auto accident injury.
Have You Been Injured in an Automobile Collision?
If you become injured in a car crash or tractor trailer accident, you should remember the three most important things to do:
- Seek medical help: Make sure you are physically all right after the accident. And if your auto accident is work-related, make sure you seek independent medical opinions, rather than relying on the company doctor.
- Don't give statements: Do not tell the insurance companies anything until you have talked with a lawyer.
- Contact an attorney: Even if you don't contact us, you should contact an attorney, someone who can help you with the insurance companies and build your case right from the beginning.
Dealing With the Insurance Companies
The insurance companies, both yours and the other driver's, will try to deny your claim by establishing that the other driver didn't cause the accident, or that if that driver did cause the accident, it wasn't the cause of your injury.
- They Say They Didn't Do It. Insurance companies try to establish that their driver did not cause the injury. Unlike railroad/FELA claims or Riverboat/Jones Act claims, auto accidents and general personal injury claims in Tennessee require fault on the part of the defendant. If a plaintiff is at least 50 percent at fault, there is no recovery. So right from the start, the insurance companies will do everything possible to establish that you were the one that caused the auto accident.
- They Say That They Didn't Cause the Injuries. Even if the insurance companies cannot establish that you were the main cause, they will try to show that you had some kind of pre-existing injury. We have the experience to defend you from these tactics.
No Attorney's Fees Unless We Win
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay our attorney's fees unless you recover damages. We also offer free consultations. Either call our office in Shelby County, overlooking the Mississippi, or contact us online.