TIMOTHY TAYLOR graduated from Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee, with a Bachelor of Arts in 1989, and from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 1992. Tim received his Tennessee license to practice law in 1992, and he is admitted to the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Tennessee, the Eastern District of Arkansas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Eleventh Circuits. He is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association and the AFL-CIO Union Lawyers Alliance.
Tim’s practice emphasizes labor law and employment law. He represents private and public sector employees and labor organizations in a variety of matters, including contract negotiations, grievances/arbitrations, civil service, on-the-job injuries, disability and service pensions, legislative consultation and civil litigation.
Tim volunteers for WEVL Memphis, 89.9 FM, an independent, noncommercial radio station, providing pro bono legal and other services, and hosting a weekly radio program of swing music. When not working at WEVL, Tim can be found spending time with his wife and twin children, frequenting estate sales and flea markets, collecting antiques, or building and/or restoring items in his workshop.
Areas of Practice
- Labor Law
- Employment Law
- Public Sector
- Tennessee, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1992
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee
- Bachelor of Arts - 1989
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- AFL-CIO Union Lawyers Alliance, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- WEVL Memphis, 89.9 FM, Programmer & Volunteer