Maritime, Longshore And Railroad Claims: Complex Cases Requiring Experienced Representation
Sure, you can bring your personal injury claim to any law firm in Memphis or elsewhere in Tennessee. But what makes our law firm of Godwin, Morris, Laurenzi & Bloomfield, P.C., a great choice is our experience handling unique claims involving maritime accidents, railroads and union labor workers. To top it off, our diligence and our track record for successfully getting our clients the money they need to recover from their injuries help set us apart from other firms in town.
Hardworking Lawyers For Hardworking People
In the vast majority of our personal injury or workers’ compensation cases, our clients are seriously hurt — they’re filing bankruptcy because of the medical bills and lost income — and we help them get the money they need to protect their families and survive.
The AV-rated* partner attorneys at our law firm have the experience and skill to recover damages for your injuries, including cases involving:
- Jones Act and riverboat claims: Riverboat workers injured as a result of their employer’s negligence have unlimited recovery under the Jones Act.
- Truck and tractor-trailer accidents: Tractor-trailer injuries are usually catastrophic due to the size of the truck.
- Railroad injuries and FELA claims: Injured railroad workers have unlimited recovery for damages caused by the employer’s negligence or faulty equipment.
- Maritime tort claims: Anyone can recover damages for injuries incurred on the water.
- Defense Base Act claims and Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Acts: These laws are applicable to injured employees who are not crew members, and private contractors on military bases.
- Personal injury and auto accidents: These are serious injury claims, including car accidents and motor vehicle wrecks, slip and falls, products liability, manufacturing defects, nursing home negligence, traumatic brain injuries, all forms of general liability and wrongful death claims.
- Workers’ compensation: Get the money you need after an injury at work.
- Social Security Disability (SSD): We help you deal with the government and fight for your disability benefits.
- Medical negligence: We represent people who have been harmed by the doctor’s inattention, misdiagnoses, failed surgery or operation, negligence or malpractice.
- Criminal defense: We represent people accused of many different types of crimes; our attorneys can help get your sentence reduced or dismissed.
- Wage and hour claims: Our wage and hour claims litigation practice can assist in alleging violations of wage and hour laws.
- Labor unions: We represent labor unions in all aspects of their functioning, including collective bargaining, litigation, arbitration, NLRB and NMB and internal union affairs.
- ERISA litigation: We handle ERISA litigation and advice, and are able to help you and your fund, or you as an individual, navigate the complex web of insurance and pension laws and regulations.
Injury And Admiralty Claims Lawyers Who Know What It Takes To Win Your Case
We prepare every case diligently from the very beginning. We have everything we need for a swift, decisive victory, so you will get the money you deserve for your injuries. Our approach is to prepare for war right from the beginning. Opposing parties are a lot more willing to settle when they see how ready we are to fight to the end.
Call Us Today — No Attorneys’ Fees Unless We Win
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay our attorneys’ fees unless you receive an award or settlement. We also offer free, no-obligation consultations. Either call our Memphis office at 901-528-1702 or toll free at 800-582-6213, or contact us via our online contact form.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.